Sligo is to benefit from the PEACE IV Programme (2014 – 2020) with an indicative budget advised of €860,866.
The PEACE IV Programme is a cross-border initiative, financed through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the European Union and managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB). It has been designed to support peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland and the Border Region of Ireland. In addition to supporting peace and reconciliation the ERDF also contributes to the promotion of social and economic stability, in particular through actions to promote cohesion between communities.
Further information in relation to the PEACE IV Programme and the proposed Sligo PEACE Action Plan is available to view here
It is important in the development of the Sligo PEACE Action Plan that the views of individuals, groups and agencies are invited, considered and taken on board in order to inform the Council and the LCDC in this process.
The following is proposed in this regard:
- Hold two Public Information sessions to take place in the two Municipal District areas of Sligo, and Ballymote/Tubbercurry
- Carry out an on-line survey to seek responses to certain relevant matters
- Hold a number of Focus group meetings for agencies delivering certain relevant services already in Sligo
- Have regard to the public consultation process recently carried out in the compiling of the County Sligo Local Economic and Community Plan 2016-2021
- Learn from feedback from previous PEACE programmes and evaluations of other relevant programmes
- Seek written submissions from interested parties’ with immediate effect
Written submissions are hereby invited from interested parties to inform the Sligo PEACE Action Plan process and are to be received by 4pm on Monday 18th July 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org