Sligo PPN have been invited to nominate candidates to Sligo Local Community Development Committee
2 x Community and Voluntary Reps
2 x Social Inclusion Reps
1 x Environment
To find out more about the Local Community Development Committee and the Eligibility Criteria for candidates click here: Note & Eligibility for PPN Reps on Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
For Information on the Nomination and Election Procedure click here: Nomination and Election Procedure for LCDC
Section 36 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014 provides for the establishment of a Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) by resolution of the Local Authority for the purposes of
‘…. developing, coordinating and implementing a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development’ (S.36 LG Reform Act 2014)
Local Community Development Committees will have primary responsibility for the planning and oversight of local development spend by local authorities on behalf of the state or by other local development agencies and structures.
They will be responsible for:
- Ensuring an integrated approach to local and community development services.
- Driving meaningful citizen’s engagement in scoping, planning and evaluating local and community development programmes.
- Ensuring more efficient administration of local and community programmes, matching needs with resources, and achieving value for money in relation to the delivery and governance of programmes.
- Enhancing the links between practice and policy by focusing on feedback and learning.
- Exploring opportunities for additional funding resources for the area, whether exchequer, private or other resources.